Are you heading off on holiday with the kids soon? The benefits of whisking the family away are clear, with cognitive scientists confirming that holidays make children happier, smarter and better adjusted.
Of course, it’s not always easy. Behind the idyllic snapshots is usually a hellish journey involving tantrums, whinging and endless “are we there yet?” questions. Throw air travel into the mix, and stress levels can quickly skyrocket. Thankfully, places like Birmingham Airport understand just how important it is to keep kids entertained when travelling. That’s why they’ve created a dedicated Sky Zone space, designed exclusively for pint-sized travellers.
As a free interactive play area, the Sky Zone is open to all families transiting through Birmingham Airport. Plus, it’s open around the clock which means that even if you’re enduring a late night connection, the Sky Zone is still open for pre-flight fun.
So what’s on offer? Aimed at kids of all ages, there are games for the youngest of jet setters, right up to teens aged 13 and over. Here’s a glimpse at what to expect when you arrive at one of Birmingham Airport’s two Sky Zone spaces.
• Interactive Flight Deck kiosk that puts your kids in the pilot’s seat.
• Zoom's Reaction Station, which tests players on speed and agility.
• Sky Zone's big screen TV featuring a constant stream of family-friendly entertainment for all ages.
• A Coordination Station interactive pod that’ll keep kids entertained for hours.
• Security Spot Check game where kids are in charge of what makes its way onto planes.
• Fly Pads touchscreen tables packed full of digital games for all ages.
• Musical Mission Pod to keep kids singing all the way to their seats.
• For the older kids there’s Skyzoneonline.co.uk, a digital platform packed full of exciting content. Users can explore Birmingham Airport, as well as unlock VIP access to discover what goes on behind the scenes.
Find Birmingham Airport’s Sky Zones at Gate 3 in the South Lounge and Gate 54 in the North Lounge. They’re easy to access, which means you can make a beeline for the zones as soon as you and the kids clear security.
Adults rejoice, because there’s a Costa Coffee and WH Smiths conveniently located right next to the North Lounge Sky Zone, which means you can get a caffeine fix and stock up on in-flight essentials as your little ones keep themselves entertained. The news is even better if you’re departing from the South Lounge, as there’s an All Bar One just a stone’s throw from the kid’s play area. Hello pre-flight tipple!
Are you jetting off on holiday with the kids from Birmingham Airport soon? Struggling to find affordable airport parking? Don’t worry, Happy Days Parking is Birmingham’s best kept secret. Get your instant online parking quote now or give our team a call on 0203 816 0401 . If you can find a better price, we’ll match it!
Some people rank airports for their range of destinations. Some focus on the shopping choice. But for an airport, surely the best way of judging success is based on punctuality. After all, having flights departing on time is what airports are all about – or at least it should be.